Pharmaceutics is the discipline of pharmacy that deals with the development, production and characterization of dosage forms, as well as the disposition of drugs in the body. It also deals with cosmetics and related manufacturing processes. Pharmaceutics deals with all facets of the process of turning a new chemical entity (NCE) into a medication that can be used safely and effectively by patients in the community.
- • Pharmaceutics will play a key role due to understanding of dosage form design and evaluation and integral relationship between pharmacokinetics and clinical success
- • To design and develop the need based pharmaceutical education system, which caters for society and industry.
It comprises of a well-organized research wing which works to understand the safety, efficacy and biological action of different formulations and designing of novel drug delivery systems like sustained, controlled, transdermal, ocular, mucoadhesive and targeted drug delivery systems. The Department has experienced and qualified faculty members who genuinely take care about the progress of our students and provide them with a distinguished learning experience, equip them with knowledge and practice and establish professional values of a pharmacist in each of them. In the Department of Pharmaceutics, faculty members and students work together to generate, apply and disseminate pharmaceutical knowledge in those fields.
Salient Features of Department:
- The Department has spacious working place. Each laboratory of department is well equipped instruments and facilitated with chemicals, glassware’s, equipments and lab-wares
- Practical’s and/or assignments are carried out according to the academic schedule and enough time is available with student to peruse the knowledge.
- Adequate Faculty members are available.
- Student can access the library facilities during the practical session.
- Solubility enhancement and bioavailability enhancement of poorly water soluble drugs
- Self Emulsifying drug delivery
- Ocular drug delivery.
- Nasal mucoadhesive drug delivery system.
- Targeted drug delivery systems & Transdermal drug delivery system.
- Patients education and counseling
- Formulation and development of Herbal formulationsy
- • HPLC
- • Brookfield Viscometer
- • Dissolution Test Apparatus.
- • Tablet Machine
- • Disintegration Test Apparatus
- • UV-Visible spectrophotometer
- • Electronic digital balance
- • Friability test apparatus
- • Hardness tester
- • Sieve shaker
- • Hot air oven
- • Autoclave
- • Orbital Shaker